Friday, January 7, 2011

Hamigad, it's the new year. I'm sort of a big bag of failure because I didn't feel like updating during my vacation at all.

I had a motherboard replacement, which in turn required a hard drive upgrade. Which I did without grabbing files from the old one. It's a nice bit of 'oops' that I'll try to fix tonight, but essentially boils down to that I am aware I'm missing several weeks of screenshots, and they do exist, but I can't really easily get to them quite yet.

Oh right! Raiding!
Last night was Eventually's real first go at raiding, and actually it was pretty damn fun. We did more than anyone was expecting (I was astonished we had enough healers!), and while it wasn't wipeless, Omnotron and Magmaw both went down. We only had a small bit of time left so we wandered over to Maloriak (...who I swear looks like a really bad Alexstraza cosplayer), and got him to around 35% on our best go. Not too shabby, hope to see him down on Sunday, and then on ward and upward!

WTF Forums
I went to post up progression on the realm thread (it's sort of my thing) and discovered that the person who had taken it over last month had disappeared! So I made HMMMMM noises and decided to make my own. We'll see if it takes.

The new Blizzard forums are sort of annoying for this task, and I'm wondering if it's on purpose. A realm progression thread, especially one as UNNECESSARILY SPRAWLING as Spirestone's (I tried to keep something close to our old format) takes up several posts. So what I did was get the first one ordered as I wanted, post, and then claim the next three posts quickly so I can go back and edit them.

The thing is, large edits seem to intentionally throw back an 'Internal Server Error: 500'. I can make small edits, like adding an underline tag, but after a whlie the server simply refuses to accept large edits adding anything (deleting is fine), like the final of the four posts which was the old 'rules' for eligibility. Maybe I'm placing malice where ignorance is really the case, but it's damned annoying.

What I have now does at least fulfill the job better than the old thread, so fine, I guess I'll just live with it. I just wish I could format it prettier :/

And the rest
Right now most focus is on my druid. Her tanking and cat sets are actually mostly finished, with the cat set needing a few more points for new pants, and the bear set completly devoid of updated trinkets. Overall pretty nice.

I'm not sure what I think of current gearing spreadsheets, as both Mew and Rawr seem like they're not quite finished (though, I'm not sure Mew ever has the intention of suggesting gear like Toskk did). Overall choices seem a bit tight in any case, so for the moment it doesn't matter that much.

My DK is 85 and casually poking at normal instances when I have the energy for it. Tanking as blood feels very simple, though I've found many annoying mobs in instances that are immune to death grip. A guildie hit 85 on their prot warrior shortly after me, and wanted to tank instances for practice. So I found myself in a set of greens, no glyphs, speccing into unholy and reading an EJ page on their dps rotation that I still don't really understand, and pulling some ridiculous DPS despite it all (what I'm saying is either my feral needs a buff or unholy is INCREDIBLY OP jesus).

My paladin is sitting at 82 mainly because my vacation is over so I don't really have time to maintain a third character. I really do need to finish leveling her though, so I have a maxed herbalist to support my druid's alchemy. Poot.

Each character has gotten a thorough bag and bank cleaning as I prepare to take them out into Hyjal, and it's amazing how much crap I've kept over the last two years on each of them. So much trash!

Yawnnnn

Through everything I've still been collecting cheap Darkmoon cards from the AH and building decks. Keeping in mind that I'm collecting for two people, I haven't gotten very far, but at the moment am sitting on 16 completed decks and several very close to completed decks. We also have a nice stockpile of thorium widgets from my farming for arcanite crystals two months ago, so if I'm smart we'll sometime remember to turn them in and free up guild bank space.

Screenshots



No comments:

Post a Comment