Friday, November 19, 2010

Well, it's Friday again. About time, too!

Are we there yet?
Well, mmo-champion is predicting the shattering to take place either next week or the week after. And all I can think is about damn time. WotLK was a rather annoying expansion for me. Love my guild to death and have enjoyed poking around at this and that, but the raid and heroic instance design was just killing me :/

I'm sure there's someone out there who thinks WotLK was the best expansion ever and I regret to inform them that we can't be friends.

The elemental invasion has really been a let down. I wasn't a great fan of the zombie invasion for 3.0 because it was a great excuse for players to harass other players (especially low-levels and potential newbies - how fun it must be to have your first WoW experience, being corpse camped by your own faction!) and claim it wasn't their fault that 'Arthas' was ruining the game.

It seems like we're at the other end of the spectrum. I'm annoyed by the very idea that it happens at distinct times (roughly the top of the hour, every 2-3 hours). I like that people are given the chance to evacuate and not participate. I'm annoyed that I only have enough time to hit up one, perhaps two of the instances after the event (maybe I did it wrong). I'm annoyed that the guy I'm supposed to turn the kill quests in to is apparently in a different phase of Ironforge and in mine he's evacuated, so I can see his exclamation mark on the map but can't see him!

I'M ALSO REALLY ANNOYED THAT THE MAILBOXES DISAPPEAR. WHAT. WHY ARE THE ELEMENTALS STEALING MY MAILBOX.

So here's hoping that things are more interesting once Deathwing begins his reign of destruction! (An aside, threads on mmo-champ are claiming he's actively destroying random zones in the Beta as well as the PTR, which suggests he may be randomly destroying things until he's brought down in his raid :O)

This is a very cruel thing to do to someone
Blizzard has apparently changed the security protocols that monitor logins to Battle.net. How do I know? I got an email that my account had been locked yesterday :P Of course, the email being rather vague, once I'd verified it is authentic I went OH JESUS NO, MY PURPLES!, thinking I'd been hacked. But after checking the armory to see all my characters, even the enchanter, were still wearing their clothes, things turned confusing.

I called the support line, and got a girl with a simply adorable voice that unlocked it for me an helped piece together what was going on.

The new system appears to determine what is a normal pattern of behavior for you. If you suddenly log in from an IP address it hasn't learned to be associated with your account, it considers it suspicious and locks the account. What's annoying is there's no real way to 'teach' it aside from this trial and error game.

Making me spaz out and think I'd got hacked is very mean >:|

Sometimes I believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast
Well, work on the Insane plugs on, slowly. I did the math last night and guesstimated that I need to go through LBRS pickpocketing at least 33 more times. After that I'll probably move on to flying around Northrend on my pally and picking herbs for Darkmoon cards. I realized that it would actually be sort of cool to pass those cards on to characters leveling in Cataclysm (I'm probably getting a second account, because no more character slots). It'd be awesome if I could sell them though.

Sreenshots pewpew




1 comment:

  1. WOTLK WAS THE BEST WOW EXPAN-... I mean, yeah. It got pretty old for me too. Ulduar was/is still kind of fun. I actually like ICC too. RS was a waste of time.

    Oh, and the only reason I liked the zombie invasion was how it let you talk to Alliance players. I remember standing around Shattrath with a bunch of regular posters on the realm forums just chatting it up.

    ReplyDelete